Jira for Manual Test Managment

Alison Healy November 24, 2013

Hi I have never used Jira before and to be honest I don't know much about the software, however I am looking into trying out new Testing software. I was wondering how Jira works from an only manual testing point of view, does it require add-ons and how easliy are test scripts created, modified? Reuslts for previous versions tested and such.

Zephyr is the main result I get back researching your software online from a test case management prespective and manual testing. Can I run a test management suite with manaual testing from Jira or are add-ons required?

3 answers

0 votes
David Berclaz October 13, 2017

For our Nestlé Digital Hub we assessed several Jira apps available for Jira Server (not cloud) and identified two main alternatives: Zephyr and XRay. For our needs, the best tool was XRay as it is very well integrated with Jira (the test cases are Jira issues) and it could be easily integrated with Cucumber, the tool we are using for automated tests. Hope it helps!

0 votes
Paulie Rainbow January 6, 2014

We are evaluating Confluence, integrated with JIRA, and I am also interested in this question. I can't seem to find a clear example of using Confluence and JIRA for Test Management in a manual test environment. We have, up til now, used a wiki with JIRA, but my expectation is that Confluence will make this easier. I'm looking for the evidence of that.

You may find this helpful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Integrate+JIRA+With+A+Test+Case+Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events