Jira eclipse MyLyn Due date date picker formatting problem.

Daan October 15, 2012

I've just started a Jira trial to see if it fits within our organization but I am facing a (small) yet annoying problem related to the Eclipse MyLyn connector.

The Due date formatter is expecting `dd-MMM-yyyy`, however the jira Due date is expecting `dd/MMM/yy` but I can't seem to change this formatting.

I've found the following link: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?forumID=46&threadID=46345 but I did not find such a file named `jira-application.properties` and the tip to alter the Team Repositories->jiraserver-properties->Additional Settings->Advanced Configuration was not fruitful as well because that is already set to `dd/MMM/yy`.

Update1: (forgot version information)

I've downlaoded the latest Jira connector available through the 'install new mylyn connector' and running Jira v5.1.7 (trial)

Update2:

I've just downloade dthe IDE connector through the eclipse marketplace. Still the same problem though. (I had re-created the repository in eclipse)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi,

Setting the correct date format in Eclipse (Task Repository dialog) should work.

Can you make sure that:

• The format expected by JIRA is really dd/MMM/yy and not d/MMM/yy for example? Tip: when you try to submit task with due date set and it fails, the error details window contains exact format expected by JIRA.
  • Your Task Repository date format is exactly as expected by JIRA.
  • You edit correct Task Repository (the one edited issue comes from).

Tip: The due date displayed in the issue editor always have the same format but it is internally transformed and sent to JIRA in format set in Task Repository.

Please let us know the outcome.

Cheers,
Jacek

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

BTW. jira-application.properties can be found in your JIRA installation directory under atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes

Daan October 17, 2012

It seems like the problem has resolved itself. When I logged in today there was no problem syncing and setting/retrieving the due-date of issues.

I do not know what caused this though. Still thanks for answering the question.

0 votes
Rajah Chacko August 14, 2013

Jacek, I am encountering the same problem as Daan.

Would you be able to post the instructions that used to be at http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?forumID=46&threadID=46345? The forum is no more.

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

Hi,

I don't have an access to old forums. There is probably backup available and I could ask our IT guys to retrieve this information but I don't want to waste their time if no strictly neccessary.

Don't the instructions provided above work fine in your case?

The simple rule is that you must have the same setting in your Eclipse and JIRA.
In Eclipse you can set the date/time format in Task Repository | Additional Settings | Advanced Settings.
In JIRA the settings are available in the Administration | System | General Configuration | Advanced Settings. More details:

If your JIRA is 5.0 or newer then please switch to the REST version of the Connector (3.2.1). It does not require date/time settings and works fine despite of the JIRA settings. Update site: http://update.atlassian.com/atlassian-eclipse-plugin/rest/e3.7

Let me know the details in case of any problems.

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer