Jira cli getIssueList returns fewer issues than expected

Hello there..

I expect the below line to return about 2000 issues, but when I run it it returns on 400, it there a way to bump up a limit to say 3000.

./jira.sh --server https://abc.com --action getIssueList --columns 'key,reporter,assignee,"Auto Lead"' --search "filter = my_filter" --outputFormat 999 --file "/data/jira-next/jira-cli-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT/jira_other_fields.csv"

2 answers

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Feb 06, 2015

There are a number of search configurations you need to check before assigning the blame to CLI.

Does a smaller result set return the desired result? You might want to look at the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jpm.xml for these few options (or more):

• jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group
  • jira.search.views.max.limit

Hope this helps.

The JCLI getIssueList doesn't have a limit (other than your client's java memory setting). It should return all issues that satisfy the filter. There has been a report of a case that JIRA was not returning all the data so a new REST based implementation was added and this did work correctly in that situation. This is documented in JCLI-492. To use the new support use the jql parameter (instead of search) with your direct JQL or using the JQL: filter = "<my filter name>".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published Tuesday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

436 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot