Jira and Stash integration break after enabling SSL on both

Steve May 21, 2014

I was able to establish integration between Jira and Stash prior to configuring SSL but it now it has trouble seeing each application in the application links. I have HTTPS redirect setup and keep receiving a "No Response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid". If i try to push through by referencing the HTTP URL, i'll receive the error "it has not been possible to retrieve the required information from [URL]. Therefore the link cannot be created"

Should the applications be communicating of HTTP and not HTTPS?

BTW: The two applications on currently on the same server and using different ports. They work fine individually. This is a test environment.

thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Tim Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2015

It sounds like you may be encountering this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40968

• The bug contains workarounds for this issue
0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2014

Ensure you have imported the SSL certificate of JIRA into Stash server keystore/truststore, and that of Stash as well into JIRA's keystore, to ensure both applications can communicate securely. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+SSL+services

Steve May 22, 2014

I'm actually hosting Jira and Stash on the same server and using the same certificate and keystore. This appears to be working individually but not sure how it affects communication between the two apps.

Steve May 27, 2014

I still have not gotten anywhere with this. Do you believe that this is an issues since i'm running the two applications on the same server and using the same keystore? This is a test environment that we're deploying for pilot of the Atlassian tool suite. thanks

0 votes
Steve May 22, 2014

Hi Bruna,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried recreating the Application Links from scratch with no success. I have it currently setup to rediract all HTTP requests to HTTPS so technically there will be no way to access the application via HTTP. I can try to disable the require redirect and allow both HTTP and HTTPS access but prefer to always use HTTPS.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi Steve,

Does the same problem persists after recreating the Application Links?

If recreating it does not solve the issue, which steps did you do to enable SSL? Have you changed the option (on web.xml) to not allow the HTTP to work? Or are you able to access your Jira and Stash with HTTP too?

Steve May 22, 2014

Hi Bruna,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried recreating the Application Links from scratch with no success. I have it currently setup to rediract all HTTP requests to HTTPS so technically there will be no way to access the application via HTTP. I can try to disable the require redirect and allow both HTTP and HTTPS access but prefer to always use HTTPS.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events