Jira Xray: Multiple Test Executions for a Test Case (Test)

Aleks May 29, 2017

Hi Guys

I read in the Atlassian Community about executing a test case (test) multiple times. Therefore you need to create multiple Test Executions.

So far so good. 

So I run a Test Execution for a Test Case. It faild for a specific Build-Number (or Version). In the next build (Version), the bug was fixed, so a created another Test Execution (a clone) for the new Build-Number. This Test Run was successful.

Now, the overall Execution Status in my Test Plan shows 1 Fail. This is actually correct, but I am only interessted in the last, successful Test Execution for the Test Case. 

Is it possible to show only the last Test Execution for a given Test Case?

Kind regards 

Aleks

P.S. We are using Jira Xray 2.1.3

2 answers

1 vote
Aleks June 8, 2017

I used the Environment-Field for the Build-Number or Version. Due to the different Environment-Values, the overall execution will never be "pass". For Build-Number/Version the field "Revision" is to be used.

hazar_daghash August 13, 2021

Hi 
how can i run multiple executions (in different times) using jira ? 

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

Hi @Aleks 

In the Test Plan, it only takes into account the Test Executions that belong to the Test Plan.

So you have two options:

1. Analyze the Test Case status outside the Test Plan, where all Test Executions are taken into account. In the Test Case, you can check the Test final status, or in Test reports.
  2. Add, the Test Execution to the Test Plan. You can even create the Test Execution inside the Test Plan so that it gets automatically added to the Test Plan.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer