Jira Users Global Permissions and default groups for new users

Deleted user February 3, 2013

I am trying to set up a new group for my team, and would like the users in this group to only see projects that this group has been added to in Project Roles. My goal is to hide all other projects from this group of users. I have to add this group to the Global Permissions scheme called Jira Users, to allow them to log in. When I do that, the new group becomes a default group that all users are added to at time of create. Is there a way to change this, so that just users is the default group? If not, I have to ask all admins for other groups to remove users from this group every time they add a new user who is in a different team.

If there is a different way to prevent this new group Information Management from seeing all other projects, please advise.

Thanks!

Masha

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2013

Just in case anyone else is looking for this information and wasn't able to find it in our documentation, you'll want to take a look at this Knowledge Base article, which describes how to lock down access to a single project, and also includes 2 additional links to documentation in the related section at the bottom.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events