Jira Teamcity Plugin

Madhu Chaitanya May 23, 2013

Hi Team

I am installing Jira Teamcity plugin by following the below link:

http://stiltsoft.com/teamcity/support.html

I have few doubts here

We need to create an application link here: I am following th eprocess in the below link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+an+Application+Link

Here there are 2 processes

1. Adding an Application Link to an Application That Supports Application Links

2. Adding an Application Link to an Application That dont Supports Application Links

Can you let me know how to check if my application (Teamcity) supports application links or not

I am confused to which process to follow out of above two.

Can you also let me know if there are any other processes to install Jira Teamcity Plugin.

The version of Jira we are using is 5.0 + and Teamcity is 7.1.5

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu

8 answers

0 votes
Sangita R June 5, 2013

Hi Support,

Could anybody please answer ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sangeetha.

0 votes
Sangita R June 3, 2013

Hi Mazim,

Any update on the above query ?

Thanks

Regards,

Sangeetha.

0 votes
Sangita R May 30, 2013

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually I was trying to configure JIRA Issue tracker in Team City. I have provided all the necessray details .While trying to test connection with issue ID ,belongs to the particular Project Key provided. I am getting i am getting the following error

"The specified issue id can't be matched. Please enter a suitable issue id, or change the settings."

So i thought some problem with REST API. If not REST API, could you please let me know what is the issue here ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sangeetha.

Andy Fleming July 18, 2013

re: "The specified issue ID can't be matched" I get the same error when testing, but the actual linking works OK.

When I see my JIRA code in the commit message in the build info, it does appear as a link which correctly takes me to the JIRA issue.

So it could be a problem with the connection test, rather than the actual connection?

WestonM November 9, 2015

I'm having the same problem, and have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what the issue is.

0 votes
Maxim Kuzmich [StiltSoft]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Sangeetha, REST API is already enabled in TeamCity usually.

You can try to access URL <your-teamcity-server>/httpAuth/app/rest/application.wadl and check if it available in your case.

Also you can check out plugins list in TeamCity Administration. You should find REST API Plugin there.

0 votes
Sangita R May 30, 2013

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know how to enable REST API in Team City ?

Thanks,

Sangeetha.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2013

Madhu,

You need only to configure Outgoing Authentication (from JIRA to TeamCity).

0 votes
Madhu Chaitanya May 26, 2013

Hi Team

In the basic Authentication we have two processes:

1. Configuring Basic HTTP Authentication for Outgoing Authentication

2. Configuring Basic HTTP Authentication for Incoming Authentication

Please let me know the process We need to follow to install the plugin.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2013

Hi!

You should use process for creating link to an application which don't supports Application Links. After link creation you should configure basic authentication for it. You don't need to configure Project Link -- AppLink is enough.

Also don't forget to enable REST API and configure issue tracker integration in TeamCity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events