Jira SSL Configuration not responding as expected

Drew Baldock November 29, 2012

Good afternoon,

I am trying to configure Jira to work on an SSL connection, but am not seeing the expected behaviour that is shown in the support documents. We have the standalone edition of version 4.1.1 running with the internal Tomcat server. I have edited the server.xml to add an SSL connection, a keystore is created and CA certificates, SSL certificates and a private key exist within the keystore, and the Connector has keystoreFile and keystorePass configured, both of with work and are validated with keytool. I have made a few changes and 2 different situations exist.

The first is a I get a blank page, not an error, but just blank, and the second is the dashboard loads, but comes up with an error at the top stating Jira is misconfigured (We've detected a potential problem with Jira's Dashboard configuration that your administrator can correct) Unfortunately thats me and following all documents I haven't been able to resolve this. I also have never had an https connection appear when attempting to connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in configuring this as we are aiming to get Confluence and Jira performing together. Confluence is successfully configured for SSL at this point and need to solve the other half.

If you need to contact by phone to discuss please do at 647-405-3924, or dbaldock@global-village.net

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Drew Baldock December 4, 2012

I found that it was actually that secure="true" was required for older versions with a standalone Tomcat engine. This being because I tried to force an SSL HTTPS connection, but because it wasn't set for secure="true" it was trying to load a secure dashboard .jsp file, but not on a secure connection as the HTTPS connector was not configured properly!

Thanks for your input Paulo, it was actually going back to the server.xml to take a look at what you mentioned that helped figure this out!

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

Hi Drew

Just reviewing, you're able to bind the SSL port properly when starting the application. However, there's an error message in the dashboard which is occurring through clear HTTP connection. Am I right ?

In this case, I believe that the error could be related to application settings for SSL session (in server.xml) or to the BaseURL mismatch when you're browsing to it. Perhaps the following link could be useful:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

If possible, try to paste here your server.xml settings (HTTP and SSL settings) and the BaseURL configuration, Also, a picture or the full error message will be helpful.

So we'll be able to further investigate the error.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer