Jira Portfolio seems not importing "closed" stories or epics. Is there any way to import closed issues into scope ?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing, syncing and updating

I'm trying to use JIRA Portfolio Server to manage many ongoing projects.

During plan creation, I noticed Portfolio only import non-closed issues/epics.

So already completed issue/epic are not applied and calculated in progress report.

I changed workflow scheme to allow editing on closed status to work on them with Portfolio but without importing, it is useless.

Is there any way to import closed issues/epics into Portfolio Scope ?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I figured out myself wink

It was due to filter option.

More > Completion Date : default is "Since beginning of Current Sprint" This setting makes all issues out of current sprint not visible. 

I changed this setting to Custom Date ( about 6month back ) and now I can see all closed epic/stories as well.

Also, More > Status : should be "Open and completed issues"

I'm having this problem as well. I had a given epic appearing accurately in my Portfolio Plan. The team who owns that epic closed their sprint today and we closed roughly half of the stories in that epic. All of the closed stories have disappeared from the Plan and the epic is showing no progress (full gray bar, no green fill).

I followed your recomendation More> custome completion date , and now it is showing up

This is not working for me. If I change the resolution date filter then it won't show unresolved issues.

Nevermind^ - I figured out that I was just completely in the wrong spot. The only annoying thing now is that the plan has too many issues to expand the stories under epics in the scope view... 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

125 views 15 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you