Jira Plugin convert error converting spreadsheet

James Rudden July 8, 2013

sorry if this is long winded, but hopefully the detail will help:

we are seeing an issue with Excel Plugin (version 3.7.0) in confluence (version 3.5.13)

when users add / view historic pages that have graphs generated from attached spredsheets.

the graphs are no longer displaying, and if the user tries to view the spreadsheet via Confluence (i.e. without downloading the spreadsheet), an error displays (viewfile: com.benryan.conversion.ConvertsionException: error converting spreadsheet)(sample error in the logs are attached)

Atlassian support seems to indicate an upgrade would fix this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/i#browse/CONF-20631

however this has just begun to happen, after we had an unscheduled restart of confluence.

we also have a test instance of confluence, using the same versions, and the graphs are displaying correctly.

no one in our organisation has any recollections of any modifications to any settings, but it seems strange this would just start to happen after a restart.

does anyone know of any settings we can check to get this running in our production environment?

any idea why it may stop functioning out of the blue?

(WIKIError.txt)

1 answer

0 votes
James Rudden July 10, 2013

doing a restart of the systems appears to have resolved the issue I was experiencing. I found nothing helpful in the logs. it may not be an issue at the minute, however i would still like to know if anyone has experienced similar issues, and the steps taken to resolve.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events