Jira Oracle Database queries & Calculations on custom fields

We are looking to add JIRA fields and want to do calculations on these fields for RISK Management. We looked at some of the plugins and most did not have the number of fields we need or could not be supported with compatible JIRA releases. Has anyone ever used Oracle queries to stripp of fields per issue abd then calculate them with an Oracle Query or API against JIRA database?

Any way to do thus with JQL?

We can query each field:

project = FND AND "Risk Importance" AND "Risk Detectibility AND "Risk Probability"

We then want to calculate all the custome fields "RISK" above and display per issue a number.

I have tried Kepler plugins but do not want to use additional plugins. Instead soemthing with JIRA or JQL or Oracle API or query. Excel maybe too cumbersome as well

I saw this in another record. has anyone used it on the script console? Any report features available?

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10236") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10236") : 0) * (issue.get("customfield_10237") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10237") : 0) -->

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

JQL is for finding issues, not manipulating the data. So you can use it to do the queries and get lists of issues.

But the calculation is a separate issue, and that's not something Jira does. It's why the risk plugins exist - there's an arbitrary calculation to be done. As they're not working for you, you need to find or write something better for you. Exactly as Harry says, I'd reach for the calculated custom fields in the script runner.

Have you looked at Script Runner plugin? This has calculated custom fields that you can write a Groovy script for.

Jamie is quite active here and the plugin is regularly updated.

One more question. Using JIRA Misc Custom Fields Is there a formula in the JIRA Calculated field that allows multipliction of 3 fields? This was the code i saw from Natalie: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/102299/jira-misc-workflow-fields-plugin-how-to-multiply

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10236") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10236") : 0) * (issue.get("customfield_10237") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10237") : 0) -->

Can we add a third field? If so what would be the code? Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

281 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot