Jira Eclipse Mylyn - Transition fails when date is required (french format?)

Alix Lourme July 23, 2014

Hi,

In my (french) company, I use the Mylyn Atlassian connector in Eclipse to manage JIRA issue. It works (very very) fine, except for "Start Work" function (=> transition) when duedate is required on the issue.

Server send error (in french) on required duedate : The operation value must be a string.

The date content ("23\/juil.\/14", cf. below) disrupts JIRA (antislash vs string format ?)

Technical information :
- Eclipse v4.3.2 (Kepler SR2)
- Atlassion Connector v3.2.2.v20130909
- JIRA v5.2.10

Detail / analysis (network trace) of "Start Work" function:

Extrat of first GET, gives the workflow (with duedate required) :

GET /rest/api/latest/issue/MY-44/transitions?expand=transitions.fields
---
{
    "expand":"transitions",
    "transitions":[
        {
            "id":"11",
            "name":"Prendre en compte",
                "duedate":{
                    "required":true,
                    "schema":{
                        "type":"date",
                        "system":"duedate"
                    },
                    "name":"Date d'..ch..ance",
                    "operations":[
                        "set"
                    ]
                },

Extract of second GET, gives the issue content (duedate seems to have correct technical format) :

GET /rest/api/latest/issue/MY-44?expand=schema,names,transitions,editmeta,schema
---
{    "expand":"renderedFields,names,schema,transitions,operations,editmeta,changelog",
    "id":"251511",
    "self":"http://.../rest/api/latest/issue/251511",
    "key":"MY-44",
"duedate":"2014-07-23",

Third GET gives jira server info, not displayed here.

POST request transition :

POST /rest/api/latest/issue/251511/transitions?expand=transitions.fields
--- 
{"transition":{"id":11},"fields":{"summary":"Test SubTask","duedate":{"name":"23\/juil.\/14"}}}
Result is 400 Bad Request --- 
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"duedate":"La valeur de l'op..ration doit ..tre une cha..ne"}}

Complements

1) Reading question Jira eclipse MyLyn Due date date picker formatting problem, I try to change the date format picker in Advanced Settings -> Asvanced Configuration with yy-MM-dd (to have the same technical format date everywhere).
But nothing change :-(. The duedate in plugin UI & POST is always "23 juil. 2014"

2) I'm not admin of JIRA (to see configuration date on server), currently only information I have is that CVS import with dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm date format works.

3) When I change the duedate from Eclipse plugin & Submit, it works (duedate is yyyy-MM-dd) :

PUT /rest/api/latest/issue/251511
---
{
    "fields":{
        "issuetype":{
            "id":"11"
        },
        "duedate":"2014-07-28",
        "summary":"Test SubTask",
        "description":"Test",
        "assignee":{
            "name":"myUid"
        },
    }
}

=> I don't understand if it's a plugin bug (on transition), a locale configuration problem (client and/or server) or the duedate field definition (duedate":{"name":[date] seems strange).

Thank you in advance on any suggestion.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

The fix has been applied. Please try the latest snapshot build for 3.2.4 and let us know in case of any issues.

Snapshot update site: http://update.atlassian.com/atlassian-eclipse-plugin/rest/nightly/e3.7

Cheers,
Jacek

Alix Lourme August 6, 2014

Verified on 3.2.4.I20140807-1000. Thanks !

0 votes
Alix Lourme August 6, 2014

Verified on 3.2.4.I20140807-1000. Thanks !

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Problem reproduced: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PLE-1565

We will try to fix it asap.

0 votes
Alix Lourme July 24, 2014

Hi Jacek. Thanks. Available for tests/informations helping to investigate (especially if it could depend of our jira context).

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2014

Hi,

Great analysis. Let us investigate the problem and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Jacek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events