Jira Agile Version Assignment Not Reflected in Search, Version Report

Pierre Seguin January 28, 2014

Hi,

Using Jira Agile, I have created a few versions (in the leftmost expandable/collapsible list) and dragged some stories onto them to assign the stories to the version. This seems to work, because the appropriate version label appears on each story when I do this.

However, whenever I want to view those stories either in the issue navigator or in the Jira Agile Version Report, none of the stories show up. The Version Report sees the versions I created (they are in the pull-down menu) but regardless of which version I select, there are never any results returned. ("This version does not contain any issues.")

It seems to be querying on fixVersion="[my version name]".

Is there another field I should be using in Issue Navigator to find the stories that are assigned to a version? I can't find any documentation that describes how this feature is supposed to behave.

Thanks,

P

2 answers

0 votes
Pierre Seguin March 10, 2014

I think I found the problem. The field configuration in use wasn't showing the FixVersion on the issue detail view. When I added it, this triggered a re-index. Suddenly, queries on FixVersion in the issue search started returning results.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

That's strange since the version that's being used internally is the fixVersion... Which JQL are you using trying to get those issues ?

Pierre Seguin January 28, 2014

Hi Christian,

For JQL, I've tried querying both on fixVersion="[my version name]" and affectedVersion="[my version name]". The search box autofills the available version names that I created in the planning view.

Neither return any results.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2014

You don't have any other JQL in use which could be limiting the search results?

Pierre Seguin January 29, 2014

This may help - here are links to a few screenshots:

Versions show up in JQL autofill. JQL has no other limiting statements. But no results are returned.

Version panel in Jira Agile view shows there are many issues assigned to them.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer