Jira Admin assigned as Release Notes Writer for one project

Olivier BARTHELEMY July 29, 2014

For only one project, i don't know why but Jira Admin gets assigned when i switched to the issue state 'Release Note' (when Release Notes have to be updated).

My workflow says that at the transition to this state, the issue should be assigned to the 'Release Notes Writer' role. At first, the project had no user for that role, so i assumed Jira Admin had been selected by default. But even after setting the filed, Jira Admin keeeps getting assigned to that state for new issues.

The user's group has the assignble permission in the permission schemes, and the issue is aparently there for any user that is in the Release Notes Writer role. the project has no Default assignee

The isue is not there for any other project with the same workflow and permission schemes

1 answer

0 votes
Olivier BARTHELEMY July 29, 2014

Apparently, Removing the jira-users group from the groups that can be assigned to the role Release Notes Writer seems to reassign properly the wanted user as release Note Write. Maybe because JIRA sees that the user is in jira-users, so simply considers the group when looking for a release note writer, and takes the first user, which is jira-admin, ignoring the specific users i entered?

Strangely, on an other project that never got the issue, the same user and groups were assigned to the Release Notes role and that specific user is always assigned the Release Note writing

Suggest an answer