Jira 6.0.5 menu, extra clicks?

Bjarne.Sehested August 26, 2013

Jira 6.0.5 menu, when clicking the main menu you previously whent straigt to last vied project or agile board, this has stopped working in this verision, now you have to activate agile the activate the last vied board, this is cucumbersom can you please cahnge that

3 answers

0 votes

To Danial's previous answar:

the differens is my poor english but in generel it should be visited/viewed board

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Hey there, Bjarne.

Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, that is the way JIRA UI is designed now whereby the click on the button will render the drop-down for all the options for the menu. If you have any suggestions, kindly raise a ticket in https://jira.atlassian.com/ so that the developers can have a look into this.

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes

Furthermore if you leave a certain view in lets say under "tempo" (plugin to jira) there is no way you can go back to that view again, you'll have to click all the way back again.

So in all i miss the old jira that had som awareness of my previous history and could take me there

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Hey there, Bjarne.

Can you further elaborate the issue that you are facing here? Are you referring to clicking the Agile menu does not link you directly to the board?

As of now, we can see that Agile button works is it has the drop-down list. Is that the issue?

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Danial

thanks - i'll try to ellaborate:

it goes for all menu points for ease i'll use the "Agile" menu point in my example

When you click/activate the menu item "agile", it shows you a dropdown list with the latest accesed Boards and not the latest visited board, it would be ok if you were clicking on the smal triangel arrow right next to "Agile" here you would expect the dropdown list, but not when you are clicking the "Agile" button.

Hope this helps

BR

Bjarne

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2013

Hey there, Bjarne.

Thank you for the clarification. Well then, after JIRA 6.0 was released, the whole UI was revamped. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+6.0+Release+Notes Expected behavior but let us try to understand about the Agile. You mentioned that:

bq. it shows you a dropdown list with the latest accesed Boards and not the latest visited board

Can you elaborate further on this? What is the difference between latest accessed board and latest visited board?

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer