Jira 3.13.2 - Reporter and watcher is not notified on issue update

Binisha November 4, 2012

Hi All,

In Jira 3.13.2. The reporter is not able to get any notification of the issue update. He added himself as the watcher to the issue, still he is not able to get any mail notification.

Thanks

Binisha

3 answers

0 votes
Binisha November 5, 2012

Hi Annicka,

Ya the Notification scheme is set Up and other users as well as the person who reported the problem is able to get mails for other issues, except one.

0 votes
Annicka Rosengren November 4, 2012

Have you checked your Notification scheme - is the scheme setup to send mail to reporter or watcher on update?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2012

Are the changes being made by that user? If so, check their account for the "email me on my changes" flag.

Are other users able to get emails from the changes?

Check their spam folders, rules and filters.

Do they get the test emails ok when an admin tries that?

Binisha November 5, 2012

Hi Nic,

Changes are made by that user as well as by other watchers and assignee.

Other users are able to get email changes. Infact the user is having problem only with one particular issue. He is receiving mails from other issue updates.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2012

Ok, so to be clear:

1. There is only one issue causing a problem (as far as you know)
  2. Only one user is not getting the emails
  3. Other users DO get emails that
  4. The changes are being made by someone other than the reporter or assignee
That's screaming "filter" on their email client to me. I had exactly that with one chap who had a rule "if the mail contains the word *ecard*, it's spam" and then she was losing emails with "scorecard" in the title.

Suggest an answer