JS ERROR: iframeOffset is null

When i click the lock to change the viewable. FF encountered this error msg to me.

My jira version is 4.2.4 and run in frame tag.

3 answers

0 vote
Colin Goudie Community Champion Oct 27, 2011

Please try supply some more information

At the bottom of jira issue detail page, there is a lock under comment field usually. When i click the lock which named 'viewable by all users' initial, error encountered. Beside preview button.

0 vote

Are you running Jira in an iFrame and using IE? I've seen that cause problems. (Our solution was to use a proper browser, which isn't much help I'm afraid, if you're stuck with the brokenness of IE for some reason)

Thanks for your reply. Yes,i'm running Jira in a frame both IE and FF encountered error. Firefox gave me error msg 'iframeOffset is null', bu IE gave me this error msg.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:05:30 UTC

I got the same error on both IE and Firefox while click on an "Issue Collector" link in JIRA.

Any suggestion how to fix?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

44 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you