JS ERROR: iframeOffset is null

fu wenbin October 27, 2011

When i click the lock to change the viewable. FF encountered this error msg to me.

My jira version is 4.2.4 and run in frame tag.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2011

Are you running Jira in an iFrame and using IE? I've seen that cause problems. (Our solution was to use a proper browser, which isn't much help I'm afraid, if you're stuck with the brokenness of IE for some reason)

Thanks for your reply. Yes,i'm running Jira in a frame both IE and FF encountered error. Firefox gave me error msg 'iframeOffset is null', bu IE gave me this error msg.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:05:30 UTC

Hieu Le Trung July 7, 2013

I got the same error on both IE and Firefox while click on an "Issue Collector" link in JIRA.

Any suggestion how to fix?

0 votes

At the bottom of jira issue detail page, there is a lock under comment field usually. When i click the lock which named 'viewable by all users' initial, error encountered. Beside preview button.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011

Please try supply some more information

Suggest an answer