JIRA trial for existing OnDemand account

Nathan Funk January 16, 2013

We would like to trial JIRA with our existing OnDemand account. I tried a few different things but they either just give me a license for a standalone install or a new OnDemand account.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathan Funk January 22, 2013

I got an answer from Atlassian support:

It's not possible to add JIRA to a Confluence-only OnDemand instance. You will either need to create a new instance with both, or if you wish to keep your current URL, backup your individual spaces, have us destroy your current instance, and create it again so you can upload and import those spaces.

You can see the details of the process at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/How+to+Add+JIRA+to+a+Confluence-only+OnDemand

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Colin,

As you have JIRA, you just need to add Confluence through these steps. The instance will have both JIRA and Confluence.

Hope that helps !!!

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

As you have already an account in MAC, you can just follow the steps in this documentation to add an application. The trial evaluation is free for 30 days.

Nathan Funk January 22, 2013

Unfortunately JIRA is not available in the configuration menu you pointed out. See my answer for more details.

0 votes
Colin Walsh January 30, 2013

We allready have Jira and would like to add Confluence - how would we do this on the same URL?

Suggest an answer