JIRA search issues does not keep project prefix on some issues

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

When entering an issue number in quick search window the the project prefix sometimes does not get stored:

1. Search WIN-6235

2. When viewing WIN-6235 i issue search 6234, then 6234 pulls up to view

3. Enter issue number 613 the issue pulled up is from another project

Sometimes even though the issues exist and i enter 613 without the project prefix it cannot find the WIN project issue when it exists. It will randomly pick another project number. Is this a web browser issue or addon interfering?

JIRA 5.2.4.1

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2013

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. I see step 1, and I think in step 2, you mean you type just 6234 into the quick search box? I'm completely lost on what you're doing in step 3 though?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2013

Hmm. Not sure. It sounds like it's actually searching for related text or even a number field like rank. If you've got the text 613 in another "random" issue, then I'd sort of expect the search to look for that because it doesn't really know that you mean win-613. I suspect when it gets it right, it's actually just looking through your history and picking up the project

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

I cleaned up #3

Yes typing 6234 for any number like 53 i assumed it would stay on the IWN project but goes to another project number.

Sometimes even though the issues exist and i enter 613 without the project prefix it cannot find the WIN project issue when it exists. It will randomly pick another project number. Is this a web browser issue or addon interfering?

Suggest an answer