JIRA "Attach Screenshot" feature not working after upgrade to 5.0.2

Palvinder Grover June 11, 2012

JIRA "Attach Screenshot" feature was working perfectly with my old version 4.2.1 but after upgrade it to 5.0.2 version it is showing me a class not found exception. Please refer the attached screenshot for more detail on error.

Thanks in Advance.

4 answers

0 votes
Deleted user November 11, 2013

Same issue here on 6.0.8 and 6.1.2.

0 votes
Paul JB Matthews February 25, 2013

Was this resolved as I am getting the same issue today with OnDemand and trying multiple browsers does not resolve the issue...

0 votes
Dan Dempsey February 24, 2013

I dont get an error on your instance , only on ours

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2012

Hi Palvinder,

I don't see any recent changes to the screenshot applet in JIRA. However, looking back through the history of reported issues with the screenshot applet, this error seems to be a generic symptom of any number of various client-side Java configuration issues.

To troubleshoot, might I recommend:

a) With the browser that was having the issue with your own instance, attempt to attach a screenshot to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TST-38398 ?

b) Then, with a different machine or browser, try again on your own instance?

If you get the same error with our JIRA instance (which is currently working for me), then it's likely to be a problem with the Java security settings in the browser. Switching browsers/machines should help to determine if that's the case as well.

Suggest an answer