JIRA presentation

Anna Marcilla August 11, 2013

Hello,

I'm working in a Business analysis department from a Bank. The Bank is growing little by little

We are using JIRA to open issues and to manage improvements. But we have a little problem... employees don't believe in JIRA because we don't have any kind of oganization, and they prefer using the email, because they think to use JIRA is too much work.

Now, I'm the responsible of JIRA and I have to organize it. And the first thing I want to do is to convince users how JIRA can help us to organize our work ...

Do you have some presentation or some video with this proposal?

Thanks a lot

And looking forward your answer

Anna

3 answers

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Hi

Our company is a bank, we have encountered the same problem with Users in beginning with JIRA. But with a good plan for communication, change management, and availability, we have overcome this problem and now JIRA has become an indispensable tool in the bank

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2013

Hi Anna,

Just a tip : give them an answer to this ancient question : "What's in it for me?"

Meaning: explain them how it will improve their work and how they will benefit from using Jira.

Don't go for a standard basic Jira presentation, make it a story about the advantages and also the disadvantages of using Jira compared to your current way of working. And don't be disappointed if not everybody will be enthusiastic, you will always have believers and unbelievers, you just need to get more of the first ones, you don't need to persuade everyone.

Best regards, Peter

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

You can refer this link for video on JIRA demo. Also go through the site https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira which will help you collect some points.

But IMO, more importantly, what you could do to convince your users is that, you can identify your current process that you follow and then set up JIRA and try to implement those processes in JIRA using its features.

This could probably the best demo that you can give it to your users. And then you can list down benefits you achieved and how tasks got streamlined by using JIRA for the current process and this way users can get a better idea on how implementing JIRA can improve the existing process.

Hope this helps you.

Naren.

Suggest an answer