JIRA on existing Apache/MySQL Server?

Douglas Wendelboe March 18, 2014

I've searched the Alassian KnowledgeBase and Forums for this topic and have found related discussions, but no solution that seem to fit what I'm trying to do.

I've used the LAMP, WAMP, XAMPP server sets successfully for years, and like the way it is setup and operates--simply drag a web application folder into the "htdocs" folder; answer some install questions, and then access the web app. We've used this for applications such as: TRAC, Mantis, Subversion, Wordpress, and various Wikis.

Right now I'm struggling to get some medical device firmware under a tracking system to meet an FDA 510(k) submission. Our VP has told me that I'm spending too much time trying to get JIRA and it's plug-ins installed and working. Unfortunately, we do not have an onsite IT person to assist, nor do I have a lot of time to become an IT/Server expert in order to do this.

Is there a way to simply move JIRA onto an existing Apache/MySQL server and have it share Apache with our other apps?

Thanks,

Doug Wendelboe

DxNA LLC

2 answers

1 vote
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

you can run tomcat behind apache with mod_rewrite and mod_proxy.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache

best regards

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2014

Jira needs an Application Server to run in and a database. Apache is not an Application Server.

Jira standalone comes with Tomcat as the standard application server, or you can download the WAR version and whack that into your own Tomcat (or other app server). I'd recommend the first, use the standalone, then place it behind your apache server as a virtual host.

Suggest an answer