JIRA as our host

nadiah mohammad January 9, 2014

Currently, my workstation is acting like a host to my other collueges' workstation when they are using JIRA. however, when i shut down my workstation, they unable to login into JIRA because my i.p address is the localhost. moreover, my workstation's operating system is very slow. This effects the performance of JIRA on my collegue's workstation. In order to solve this problem, we need a powerful server to host it. Is it possible if we would like to request JIRA team to host it for us?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2014

Hi Nadiah,

If you want Atlassian to host your JIRA instance you'll need to switch to JIRA OnDemand.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/ondemand/overview

Best regards,

Peter

nadiah mohammad January 9, 2014

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your immediate response. Actually, it does help my problem partially. In my case, i am using a trial version of JIRA to get me familiar with it first. Based on your answer, if I were to change to JIRA OnDemand, would it affect my payment on this trial version? I mean do I have to pay double? Can you clarify on this matter please. Thanks

Regards,

Nadiah

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2014

Hi Nadiah,

A trial version for a JIRA instance you host is free for 30 days afterwards you'll need to manual update your license with a bought one.

You could also request a free trial for OnDemand (again for 30 days), this will automatically turn into a paying license after one month if you don't cancel it.

So if you haven't already payed for a license then there is no problem.

If you have already bought a license (different from a trial license) then you'll need to buy a new one for the OnDemand instance.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
nadiah mohammad January 15, 2014

ok thanks peter

Suggest an answer