JIRA - a way to creat 500 internal users?

Hi,

Is there a way to create 500 internal JIRA users (bulk).

we don't have active directory, or other type of integration facility. Do we need to create them manually?

Thanks,

5 answers

You can add the users from a csv file using JCLI Please find more information at https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JCLI/JIRA+Command+Line+Interface

I have JIRA 4.4, Is it supported?!

1 vote
Mizan Community Champion Mar 25, 2012

You can even use jelly scripts . here is an example . Documentation for enabling jelly and running jelly scripts is here .

This will work for 4.4

0 votes

I'd like to see the Script Runner way of doing this

Mizan Community Champion Dec 11, 2014

I wrote a small script which can create bulk users . This runs on the script console {code} import com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserUtil import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor; def uu=ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil() uu.createUserNoNotification("testauto", "testauto", "testauto@test.com", "testauto") {code}

Hi Mizan could you share the complete code for this? Thanks!

Thank you, Mizan. It's perfect.

Guillaume.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

132 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you