JIRA Ultimate Role Tracking & Estimation - Estimations by user

Marc Fukuda May 15, 2017

I need to be able to see the workload for given user to see what can be allotted to them.  For example, I need to be able to see that Jim has 25 hours of Development role, 7 hours of Code Review role and 3 hours of Testing role allotted.  Is there currently a way to see that other than manually adding up the data in Assignees (By Roles) and Time Tracking (By Roles) for a large set of issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2017

Hi Marc,

We definitly have a couple of ways to show you such kind of data. If you go into the reports section, you will find two reports, with a number of configuration options, which are:

1) Estimation Accuracy: Shows how accurately users have estimated their roles in the slected configuration (project, filter, etc)

2) Estimations by roles: This shows you all the estimated roles ina  number of configurations.

image.pngimage.png

Also, on the project/agile board, on left panel, in the add on tab, you can see that their are two options, original estimate and remaining sprint workloads. These options lead you to a apage showing workload per roles per user for the current sprint.

Let us know if you have any further querries.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Marc Fukuda May 17, 2017

Abhinav,

I saw all those reports.

Estimations Report (By Roles) does not have data by user unless I create a filter for each user.  It also does not allow setting a specific time frame.

Estimation Accuracy Report (By Roles) looks to be more a post analysis tool, not a determining how to assign work tool.

Most of our users work across multiple projects, some run agile and some do not.  I need the ability to see the workload by role and total, summed up workload for a given time frame.

Adding user selection, start/end date, and total time for all roles to Estimations Report (By Roles) seems like it would cover what I need.

Thanks again for the responses.

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

Hi Marc,

These changes in report seem fair. Allow us time to get these developed, as we are following our roadmap for the plugin. We will definitly try to get them up as fast as we can.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events