JIRA Startup issues and login issues

VenugopalY January 17, 2013

HI Support,

1. During JIRA startup lot of java error messages, Please let us know how to fix?

2. When we restart JIRA (Shutdown.bat and start-jira.bat On Administrator command prompt)it says Another instance of JIRA is already running and Locked.? How to resolve this issue. Earlier its works fine.

3. Sometimes users were unable to re-login to JIRA system?. When they logout from and existing session, they can't re-login again. This is very annoying. Not sure what causing this.

4. Seen some Duplicate issues error messages. Not sure where it coming from?

Please find Support.zip file as attachment to debug further.

Regards,

Venu.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2013

It looks like you've made a significant mess of your installation.

The bit of log you have shared is useful to know, it does lead me to think someone has tried to do some form of copy, and messed it up completely. All those "copy of" files look like someone has used windows explorer to copy the files and then paste them back into the same directory. That is an instant problem because the system will be inspecting them, finding duplicate classes/files/code and getting very confused. It also leads me to suspect that someone may have copied the "jira is locked" flagging file, which will stop Jira from starting (which is what you're seeing) and possibly the index and plugins - when that happens, the service simply doesn't stand a chance of working properly.

One obvious effect of duplicating files is user sessions being damaged or lost - so users login then fail later.

You need to clean up the installation. Depending on how bad the damage is, you may find it easier to re-install from clean (preserving the database and attachments elsewhere of course). I would start by installing a clean Jira on another machine, and then start comparing the installation directories to see which ones have been damaged on the server.

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

hi Venugopal,

right here is not the support desk of atlassian. it is more like customers help customers.

1. you could post some of the exception lines here (i.e. use code)

2. sounds like your previous stopping process didn't work completely (jira home locked? port already in use?)

3. have seen this several times...clearing browsers cache used to work for me

4. me either

i recommend not posting support.zip files here (furtunately it wasn't uploaded)

this is some private data you better should attach to an issue you create at https://support.atlassian.com

regards

[directory.ldap.mapper.UserContextMapper] Failed to map attribute <uSNChanged> from context with DN <cn=Jai Prakash,ou=IB,ou=Active,ou=User

Accounts,dc=rambus,dc=com>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.mapper.attribute.USNChangedMapper.getValues(USNChangedMapper.java:28)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.mapper.UserContextMapper.mapFromContext(UserContextMapper.java:57)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.ContextMapperCallbackHandler.getObjectFromNameClassPair(ContextMapperCallbackHandler.java:67)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.handleNameClassPair(CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.java:50)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:297)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:237)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper$4.call(LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper.java:88)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper$4.call(LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper.java:85)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper.invokeWithContextClassLoader(LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper.java:43)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper.search(LdapTemplateWithClassLoaderWrapper.java:85)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.pageSearchResults(
at

for 2. How to i check port locked? What is the resolution?

for 3. You mean clear my local machine browser cache? any other?

for 4. 2013-01-17 22:49:03,481 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'com.atlassian.plugin.servlet' with different versions. Files: 2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-webresource-2.13.0-m8.jar and 2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-servlet-2.13.0-m8.jar
'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-webresource-2.13.0-m8.jar'
'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-servlet-2.13.0-m8.jar'
2013-01-17 22:49:03,481 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'com.atlassian.plugin.util' with different versions. Files: 2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-webresource-2.13.0-m8.jar and 2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-core-2.13.0-m8.jar
'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-webresource-2.13.0-m8.jar'
'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of atlassian-plugins-core-2.13.0-m8.jar'
2013-01-17 22:49:03,481 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'com.atlassian.activeobjects.spi' with different versions. Files: activeobjects-spi-0.19.16.jar and 2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of activeobjects-spi-0.19.16.jar
'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\activeobjects-spi-0.19.16.jar'
'D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\2013-01-15 18-00 Copy of activeobjects-spi-0.19.16.jar'

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

to be honest i must say i really got no clue about Jira & LDAP hosted on windows or windows as a server itself.

therefor i can't tell about troubleshooting on port related stuff

yes i meant the browser cache

can you take a look at your jira_home\plugins\installed_plugins Directory and check for any dupes?

i wonder where these "Copy of" Files came from

you could try to fix this by purging .bundled_plugins & .osgi_plugins in jira_home\plugins\

Suggest an answer