JIRA Service Desk translations

Hi!

At translations.atlassian.comJIRA Service Desk translations are available till v1.2.0.2.

If I translate strings to hungarian and upload the translation jar to v1.2.4 to our jira instance, the translations are not shown, strings are still in english

How can I translate the UI to my language?

thanks

3 answers

Hi,

Can you please let us know an example i18n key you translated which does not work after langage pack upload?

Thanks,
Jacek

Hi Jacek

For example "My requests", "Search", "Search for requests"

They are listed among the accepted translations of JIRA Service Desk, but when downloading I see last update as 1.2.0.2-v2r10-2014-03-03

I guess some script is not updating the JIRA Service Desk-1.2.0.2-language-pack-hu_HU.jar file with the latest translations or the missing versioning (1.2.4) is causing the issue

thanks for looking into this!

Ah, OK. If the messages were translated in the last few days then they are not added to language packs due to a bug - this can be a root cause of your problems.

Our translation site is experiencing issues and we hope to fix them by the end of the week.

Let's freeze the discussion untill we fix the issue. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Jacek

Hi,

The problem is still there. Please watch following issue to be notified when it is fixed: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRANS-940

Cheers,
Jacek

The issue was fixed long time ago and everything should work fine.

Hi

I've got one question regarding translations too.
I've use translations.atlassian.com to translate most of the automatic reply's except "hi" greet.

Curently it looks like that: 

Hi,

Twoje zgłoszenie zostało rozwiązane.

Which is mixed english & polish. How to change that greet?

Remi

OK it works with comments in task (already created) - thanks for that. 
My second issue then is... How to change greet in automatic reply when customer is reporting task by email?

I can see two ways: * Copy text and try to search it at translations.atlassian.com. When found, simply translate. * Try to enable i18n lightning mode (see my previous comment and link) and then trigger the email. It might contain i18n key so it will be easy to find its entry at translations.atlassian.com Please also raise separate qustions on this site so other can find it easily and you can also accept final answer.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Off-topic

Get to know our Atlassian User Group Leaders from Bengaluru, India

Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...

157 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you