JIRA Service Desk automatic move issues

We want to use Jira Service Desk (SD) on the same Server like JIRA Core/Sotfware.

The Worklfow should be this:

Customer creates request for Project XY via Service Desk
Ticket will be automatically moved in JIRA Project XY (without any Agent activity)
They worked on Ticket in Project XY and after all it will closed.
The Customer gets an email with the final solution (text and perhaps Excel-Sheet)

I try to solve this via Script Runner but i have now Ideas how can i solve this ?

Many thanks in advance.

Christian

1 answer

0 votes

Yes, you could do this, but it is a very bad design because moving the issue from a Service Desk project to a development project destroys the customer's interface.

Imagine you raised an issue, went to chase it up and found it had been deleted.  That looks ignorant and means you've got no way to apparently raise issues.

OK, you can make the development project public, but then you either need anonymous access to the project or the customer needs a JIRA account, and you lose all the Service Desk functions.  Or, if you keep it in a Service Desk project, there's no point in moving it at all (and your developers need to be Agents)

A far better approach would be to use the "create linked issue" the Agents have when it's appropriate, and look into automating that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

138 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you