JIRA/Confluence core & plugin updating - proxy error

pzaw00 August 16, 2012

Dear Atlassian,

Our servers running Confluence & JIRA applications are hidden inside a big corporation network and most of network protocols are unfortunately blocked/forbidden.

Such problem effects with an connection error which occurs while updating any plugin nor installing new one, as following:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

As I presume, the network protocol/ports which is used by JIRA/Confluence platforms are blocked out by our Proxy.

What kind of ports, services or anything else should be unlocked and passed through proxy/gateway?

(Hint: When we unblock and pass direct traffic from Internet and reverse over proxy - with no limits - an error presented above does not occur)

I appreciate for your help,

Przemek M. Zawada

2 answers

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

We faced the same problem at one stage and added our proxy config to the JVM startup properties - in the setenv file. Follow this link from Oracle on an official answer on how to fix it.

Cheers,

0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Hi Przemyslaw,

You need to check what port you typed into server.xml (JiraDirectory/Install/conf), because JIRA uses only one also I'd like to share to you this link about TCP Ports maybe it can drive you toward your goal.

Kind Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events