JIRA Client transmits the synchronization time as actual time and not the actual timestamp upon synchronization of a ticket updated offline.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2013

Hi,

I am evaluating JIRA Client v3.5.1 add-on on JIRA v6.1.5 instance. I am working offline on my JIRA tickets i.e., creating/transitionin status, via JIRA Client and then later when the JIRA server is up and running, the tickets are synchronized.

But upon synchronizing the offlince tickets from JIRA Client to JIRA server, the actual timestamps of the tickets are not transmitted instead the synchronization time is being considered as the actual timestamp for the tickets and are updated in JIRA server.

Also, while transitioning the issue, the timestamp populated during the post-functions while transitioning the ticket must transmit the actual timestamp rather than synchronization time as the actual timestamp.

How can the actual timestamp of an ticket updated offline be transmitted from JIRA Client to JIRA server. Can anybody share the approach on this issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi Naren,

I'm sorry for delayed reply; somehow we missed your question on Answers.

If I understand correctly, by "timestamp" you actually mean the "updated" date on the server and in the issue history. Unfortunately, we can't do much about it. For JIRA server, the update happens when JIRA Client uploads your changes. There's no way we can override that time and "insert" an update into the past. Sorry if that is an inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Igor

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2014

Thanks for the update, Igor!

I wanted to check, if there's a print functionality in the JIRA Client in order to print the ticket from the JIRA Client.

It would be great if you can throw some pointers on this. It would help a lot.

Regards,

Naren.

Suggest an answer