JIRA 6.1 Component/s drop-down

In JIRA 6.1:

The Create Issue screen Component/s drop-down now only lists the first 15 components. Is there a way to force the full list so users don't have to type?

7 answers

1 accepted

i did some digging since i wanted to give a better answer. i think you'll find your solution here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+Size+and+Content+of+the+Components+Select+List

instead of searching for it with your mouse, save a few seconds and start typing the one you want. it'll auto-find soon enough shortening your list to less than 15.

In the case where the list of components is long, users who are reporting an issue (and are not quite as familiar with the components) may have to try many letters in order to find the Component

Tanner - thanks, this is just what I was looking for!

true enough. i'm not sure how to lengthen it.

The quoted documentation doesn't work for JIRA 6.1.

Issue JRA-33994 appears to be the main one Awaiting Development and requiring votes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

71 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you