JIRA 5.2.2 upgrade from 4.4

Vladimir Omelchenko December 17, 2012

Hello, I have tried to upgrade JIRA 4.4 to 5.2.2 and after the upgrade I am getting blank pages in Summary and Issues list in any project.

When I try to click on Issues in the top menu I am getting the oops error message and the error from the errors.txt file attached.

(error.txt)

I have tried to clean the permissions schemes with the positions without any user or group with just delete buttons, checked notification schemes they are ok. I have also removed all the plugins before the import and exported the backup but still the issues are the same.

Does anyone saw such issues before? Any advice would be handy.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The root cause for the issue was modification of the core JIRA files:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=218270050

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

A quick look at the source code suggests that you have a permission scheme that defines a permission with no display name - not sure how that could happen, you might have to send your database to support. Or some scheme that is supposed to be defined but isn't.

Other possibility is that if you have an issue security scheme with a security level with no display name - don't think it's that though.

In short, contact support...

I found a solution. It is caused by enabling only reporter and only assignee condition in the JIRA source file permission-types.xml. After I have enabled it in JIRA5 everything worked like a charm. Maybe someone will also find it handy.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=218270050

Suggest an answer