JIRA 4.4 cannot connected to SQL Server 2008 R2 database

Nuttanun February 15, 2012

I got an error when setup DB connection to SQL server 2008 R2

Attempting to connect to the SQL Server database server...

Could not connect to the DB: Cannot open database "SGCRYJIRA01\JIRADB" requested by the login. The login failed.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amrut B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

How is the connection made? Specific user account or Windows Authentication.

If Windows Authentication keep in mind SQL Agent uses it's service account as the login and thus if it is not your user name and password that is the account the SQL Agent service is running under it won't be the same as you logging in.

However, I would never suggest setting up the server to run under your credentials, I would suggest setting up a SQL user account with proper permissions and use SL authentication instead with that info so the package can successfully make the connection.

Also Did you verify the connection object is setup correctly? It sounds like the connection object has the issue from what you say. Might be defined as server = localhost or something similar which would be why fails on your machine and not on the actual server.

As John suggests please check the name of the Db.

Do let me know if this Helps

Amrut

Nuttanun February 15, 2012

Now, It's work. Thank you for your suggestion

Nuttanun

Amrut B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2012

vote the answer if it helped.

0 votes
John Simonson February 15, 2012

It looks to me like you do not have a Database named JIRADB, but rather JiraDBSchema.

I would suggest you review how you created your databases; I also suggest making sure you have the Logins and Users set up properly.

ciao - John.

Suggest an answer