JEP - Averaged Time Between Bar Chart - Question

ben_friedman May 12, 2016

Hello -

We're attempting to use using the JEP custom fields (time between 2 statusses) to measure cycle time for multiple stages of work on issues.  No trouble setting up the custom fields and they are populating correctly.

The issue is in using the "JEP - Averaged Time Between Bar Chart".  The date it's using to divide the issues into weeks seems to be the date the issue was created – which is definitely not what I was expecting.  In a given week we'll play stories that were initially created weeks or months prior - we want to see an average of cycle time for work done each week, not based on create date.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

Thanks!

-Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

Hi Ben,

The reason why the period is chosen to be creation date is the fact that time between is a duration and can be an in interval of a month. Also time between can be configured to sum all occurrences if there are more than one in the same issue. This is another challenging part. 

If you have an idea on how it can be populated please raise an issue to our tracker and we will try to implement it.

Regards

Tuncay

ben_friedman May 13, 2016

Tuncay -

Thanks for your response!

In order for a team to be able to use this chart to track their cycle time, the chart should be based on the time that the issue entered the target status.  If the field is configured to track only the first time it entered the target status, then always use the first time. If it is configured to use the last - or cumulative - then use the last time the issue entered target status.

I do not think that would be confusing for anyone, and, I suspect, is what many people assume is happening.

Thanks,

Ben

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

Hi again Ben,

We'll focus on this issue within next release.

Thanks for the feedback

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events