JEMH- onComment advance from States

Moran Alon February 9, 2014

Hi,

We're using the function in JEMH: Profile->Config->WorkFlow->onComment advance from States, in order to update a custom field that is used as a flag.

When an email is sent at the first time, the flag on the issue that was create is being updated, eventhough it's not commented.

What is trigering the comment event?

We need it to work only on comment, but it happens also on create.

How can we prevent from it to happening?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Hi Moran,

> We're using the function in JEMH: Profile->Config->WorkFlow->onComment advance from States, in order to update a custom field that is used as a flag.

How/when are you updating this field? I has as JEMH currently has a two phase issue creation process, resulting in ISSUE_CREATED firing for issue creation with core parameters set, secondly, a custom event fires after all the custom fields and attachments are added. This may impact your method of setting a given custom field.

>When an email is sent at the first time, the flag on the issue that was create is being updated, eventhough it's not commented.

The check will occur every time a message arrives, if the issue is in a given state to do so. Have you defined the restriction onComment advance from States value, to be the initial issue state, eg 'Open'?

As the entry above is text, its also possible there is a workflow transition collision, in which case, try using the numeric id of the step, some examples/background:

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Reopen+an+Issue+On+Comment

Moran Alon February 10, 2014

I think I didn't explain myself so good.

What happens that when receiving a new mail for the first time, the comment event is being fired.

We have a circle transaction: User Commented that fires from the JEMH-onComment advance from States from the In Progress transaction back to In Progress. That should happen only when an email is replied - On Comment, and not when an email is sent at the first time.

We don't want it to fire the transaction on Create, we want it to be fired on comment.

I attached here a screenshot of the profile-workflow configuration.

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Right, so as I said before:

The check will occur every time a message arrives, if the issue is in a given state to do so. Have you defined the restriction onComment advance from States value, to be the initial issue state, eg 'Open'?

Really, the best place to continue this is in a support ticket, where you can attach your profile XML, your workflow XML?

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH

I attached our workflow XML and the profile XML.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

attached where? Have you created a support issue?

I attached it here, but I guess it didn't work.

You ment to create jira in the jemh pluginpeople site?

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

yup, best place for tracking specific issues that are not quick answers.

O.K I've opened a support issue: JEMH-2112 with attachments

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2014

Hi Moran,

As per my understaning please mention issue key in email subject and comment as a email body on existing issue.

Regards

Onkar Ahire

The issue key is mentioned in the email subject and in the comment subject.

Suggest an answer