JEMH external user not getting confirmation email in new TEST project

krussell101 December 11, 2013

We have one project that is behaving perfectly (project=IT). I've attempted to set a new TEST project to mirror it completely. When I send both projects emails from an external address only the IT project sends a response email to the external email. The TEST project does not.

I compared Audit results for both and the only difference is that in the IT project there was a Hint sent out "During Label update on AC-194, some problems were reported during adding the label: 1. The current user does not have permission to edit the issue with id 'AC-194'." No hints were sent on the TEST project. Sadly, no emails went out either. :(

I'm figuring it HAS to have something to do with this "No matching catchAddress/jemhAddresseeRegexp for mail" error.

Here are the audit results for TEST:

{code}

Processed OK: Y
Rejected:
Process Outcome: canHandle
Hints:
Can Handle: Y
Do Delete: Y
Email Subject: Weds Testing at 4:11
Message Size: 7.1 Kb
Signed:
Project Mapping Rule Type: domain
Project Mapping Value: addressee: testing@di2e.net
Issue Key:
Created: 1: KTP-11
Updated:
Commented:
Processor Selected: Basic Mail Processor
Exception:
Notify Sender:
Hintogram Recipient:
Attachments:
Filter Reason:
Filter Name:
Filter Action:
Processing Time (mS): 4391
JEMH Version: 1.5.14
JIRA Version: 6.1.2 build# 6157

{code}

Here are the audit results for IT:

{code}

Processed OK: Y
Rejected:
Process Outcome: canHandle
Hints: During Label update on AC-194, some problems were reported during adding the label: 1. The current user does not have permission to edit the issue with id 'AC-194'.
Can Handle: Y
Do Delete: Y
Email Subject: Weds Test 4:10
Message Size: 7.1 Kb
Signed:
Project Mapping Rule Type: domain
Project Mapping Value:
addressee: accounts@di2e.net
Issue Key:
Created: 1: AC-194
Updated:
Commented:
Processor Selected: Basic Mail Processor
Exception:
Notify Sender:
Hintogram Recipient: sysadmin@di2e.net
Attachments:
Filter Reason:
Filter Name:
Filter Action:
Processing Time (mS): 2692
JEMH Version: 1.5.14
JIRA Version: 6.1.2 build# 6157

{code}

All guidance appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

The answer is there:

The current user does not have permission to edit the issue with id 'AC-194'.

So, for non-jira accounts sending in, grant the Default Reporter required EDIT_ISSUE privileges. If the sender relates to a JIRA user, give the JIRA user the required EDIT_ISSUE privilege.

krussell101 December 12, 2013

I may have found it. My custom field "Email Users" isn't enabled for the TEST project. Let's see if that fixes it.

Ah. Yes. Thanks.

That appears to be fixed and didn't have any negative affects. The issue I'm having (which I may not have been clear on) is why does the external user get an acknowledgement email from the ACC project but not from the TEST project.

I believed I copied everything just about exactly. Obviously changing "TEST@xxx.com" to "ACC@xxx.com" where appropriate.

I must not have the correct setting for TEST to send out the ACK. Where do I look for that?

THANKS!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

Its in your notification scheme and/or the Event listener for each project.

The JEMH Event Listener has a 'Disabled Domains' field that allows you to filter outbound notifications at source, set your default reporter to have an email of 'support@disabled.com' then set disabeld domains to: .*@disabled.com

If question is answered, please mark it so, ta!

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

Assuming that the custom fields have expected values?

Check the Event Listener Project Mapping, it has non-jira notifications and JIRA notifications. Compare enabled events between the one that works and the one that doesnt.

Disabled Domains is empty for both ACC and TEST. The default reporter is the same for both (Email User). The email for "Email User" is helpdesk@xxx.net.

That is not the incoming email for either ACC or TEST. The incoming addresses that generate the tickets are accounts@xxx.netand testing@xxx.net, respectively.

So something is goofy in that the same settings for ACC allow an email response to the external user, but in TEST they do not.

Not sure I understand your question re. "custom fields have expected values". I have not created a new custom field for TEST, nor have I created a new custom event. "Email User" is the custom field for both. "Our Post-Creation Event" is the shared custom event.

It's Fixed. In the templates I had copied ACC template to TEST, then made what I *thought* were innocuous text changes.

Just now I cut and pasted the original text from ACC to TEST for both Text and HTML and it's working now!

You led me to it. No doubt whatsoever.

And I'm also hugely grateful for you patient and quick responses. I really wanted to get through this today and because of you I did.

THANKS

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events