JEMH change email template

Sebastian Baehr February 18, 2015

Hi, I'm new to JEMH, so a super basic question:

Currently when an answer email is sent to a (non-JIRA) user, it is formatted in the following way:

[ http://blubbb/browse/CSUP-123?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=1234#comment-1234 ] 

Sebastian Baehr commented on CSUP-123:
--------------------------------------

Dear User,
have you tried turning it off and on again?

> Please help, program not working
> --------------
>
>                 Key: CSUP-123
>                 URL: http://blubbb/browse/CSUP-123
>             Project: cSupport
>          Issue Type: Supportticket
>            Reporter: John Doe
>              Labels: mail
>
> Why isn't this working?!

--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1.7#6163)

Now the problem is that I want to remove the links to the corresponding JIRA tickets, as they can't access them anyways (which is leading to confused customers as they don't know how to respond to the email).

Where can I find and edit the template that is used to generate the emails? I didn't find it in the JEMH settings.

Sebastian

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

Hi Sebastian,

The TemplateSet contains macro calls that render the content.  Edit an ISSUE_COMMENTED TemplateSet (after creating first), set an issue for context, and use the preview feature to see how your changes come out. 

For example, this is the first few lines:

#disable_html_escaping()
#parse("templates/email/includes/issueplugins.vm")
#if($comment.getId())[ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-comment}&focusedCommentId=${comment.getId()}\#comment-${comment.getId()} ] #end

line 3 is what needs customizing, you can see the URL.

Once you have customized your TemplateSet as you want, it needs 'picking' in the related JEMH Event Listener Project Mapping (for non-JIRA notifications and/or JIRA user notifications).

Sebastian Baehr February 19, 2015

Great! However this only solves the first URL. The second one I guess is defined in the issuesummary.vm. How can I edit this one?

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

Hmm, looks like the JEMH macro list doesn't include that, you'll need to grab it (JIRA_INST/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm), and add as a custom user macro that you can then call with one line, rather than having to paste it everywhere you need it?

Suggest an answer