JEMH - Set sender as assignee

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

So, I'm trying to set the sender of an email as the assignee in JEMH and I'm having a devil of a time doing it. I know you can have the first user in the CC field be the match, but customers are resistant and inconsistent with that. 

Thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

Hi James,

This requirement hasn't come up before wink  The options you have, if you want to 'impart' this info to JEMH are to use a format like:

• user+key@domain

If you need something configuration driven, please log a feature request!

0 votes
Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2015

You can get around this via workflow.

On the "create" transition add a post-function to "Assign to Reporter".  Since your sender will always be the reporter, it will inherently assign it to whoever is sending.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events