JEMH CPU issue

Daniel Hjelle January 8, 2014

I uninstalled JEMH and re installed it after the re install jira suddenly goes very slow. The cpu usage of jira peaks at 80+% and it is impossible to use jira. If i remove JEMH the CPU usage of jira goes down to normal levels. Is this a issue you have ever enountered before ? I removed all the settings i had in the profile to be sure that it wasnt a issue with my settings

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

Hi Daniel,

If you've uninstalled and reinstalled, you will get the latest compatible version. In doing this, its possible some schema upgrade tasks run that take time to complete. The specific type of data that needs to be updated is:

• Audit History
  • Notification History

If you have a busy instance and/or have retained a large amount of audit history data there will be a lot of data to upgrade. The upgrade process is single threaded so on a multi-cpu instance should onyl occupy a single core and should not result in overall performance degredation.

To avoid this, the audit history retention needs to be set lower, perhaps days. To be able to do that, uninstall the current version, and back off to an ealier one (if this is part of an overall JIRA upgrade, making that impossible due to compatibility, you'll need to do a manual table purge for JEMH data, details of which are on the wiki.

Let me know if that doesnt resolve the problem you see?

0 votes
Daniel Hjelle January 14, 2014

Hi the problem is now fixed. To be honest i am not sure what i did to fix it.

1) I update the universal plugin manager

2) installed older version of JEMH

3) did re indexing

Now JEMH is running as our Mail handler

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

Hi Daniel,

I suspect you have a lot of audit history data, that could do with purging, once cleared, an upgrade task would have less to do, would not present high CPU load?

0 votes
Daniel Hjelle January 8, 2014

This setting looks dangerous. Is it this that causes my problems ?

com.javahollic.jira.emh.service.scheduling.JEMHJobSchedulerImpl:job

com.atlassian.sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService
Delay: 0 minutes
pluginJobName: com.javahollic.jira.emh.service.scheduling.JEMHJobSchedulerImpl:job
repeatInterval: 1000
initiallyFired:

true

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events