JEMH - Attachments not visable in Outlook

DavidS April 21, 2015

Hi There,

I'm not sure if I have messed something up here or not.

I am generating adhoc emails in JEMH from workflow transitions to non JIRA users.  The workflow screen allows you to include attachments at the same time.  This is working great with my tests using gmail and my phone to receive the emails.

However - when the email is sent to a user who uses Outlook (tested with 2010 and 2013)  any .JPG / PFX /GIF attachments are not visible (inline or attached).  The received email size reflects that there is an attachment.  Its just not there.

All other attachment formats work fine.  Tested with on premise and external Exchange servers and Outlook 2010 and 2013 and OWA on both totally un-connected Exchange Servers.  As I said earlier - works fine in gmail and activesync clients

Using JEMH 1.7.16 /JIRA 6.4.1

I'm confused sad

2 answers

0 votes
DavidS April 22, 2015

Thanks for your help Andy

It doesn't seem to be blocking the images and its not showing the symptoms in the links you sent.

So I have done a bit more testing.  If I inline the images when constructing the message like this

construct.jpg

It appears in outlook like this - note that the attachment icon doesn't appear next to the envelope icon (which I think is normal if they are inline images)

outlook-attach.jpg

If I don't inline them when constructing the message but just attach them it appears like this in Outlook (note the size of the email and the lack of attachment icon) 

outlook-noattach.jpg

If I send an email from anywhere else (gmail etc) to outlook is works as expected.  If I inline them, its shows inline, if I attach them, it just attaches them 

Its almost as if the message is not being constructed correctly in JEMH - its like it thinks that any image attachment should be inlined. Below is a screen shot of my adhoc transition - maybe I have done something wrong here

image2015-4-23 8:24:51.png

image2015-4-23 8:25:52.png

image2015-4-23 8:26:47.png

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2015

Sorry for delay, please log a support ticket, so I can track this problem - https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

If it works in 3/4 places, it indicates a client issue?  Can you show a screenshot of the outlook client with a test mail?  My guess is that its trying to 'help' and has blocked the display of the images, some possibilities:

To further validate this, can you send an email from Gmail (for example, with an inline image), what outcome? For an attached image, what outcome?  If you get similar results, its a client issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events