Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to run multiple instances of sourcetree ?

Paweł Łaskarzewski October 30, 2013

I want to run 2 instances of source tree on windows 7, but i don't see any option for this.

15 answers

12 votes
Chuanbo Chuanbo December 1, 2016

same here, my scenario is for multiple virtual desktops on windows 10 support where each virtual desktop is for different project and I want to also have dedicated instance of SourceTree there.

7 votes
Gary Creech July 21, 2016

Agreed - perhaps a compromise would be to allow the tabs to be detachable into separate windows .

7 votes
jez9999 September 6, 2015

Also agreed. Why is Sourcetree limited to one instance? It's so annoying!

5 votes
Vullnet Dyla September 18, 2018

I also use multiple projects in virtual desktops on Windows 10. I'd really like to have this feature.

Wallace Turner June 10, 2020

You can right click on a window (in the multi desktop view, `windows key+tab`) and 'show this window on all desktops'; not exactly the same but useful nonetheless - at least now you dont have to flick between desktops trying to locate sourcetree

Like Caio Campos likes this
4 votes
alelavoie September 25, 2017

+1 Would also like to be able to split my screen in order to view and compare two repositories at once.

Pawel Cioch May 4, 2021

I think running 2 instance of ST would be fine, or at least to be able to move a tab to other window, like in case of web browsers

2 votes
m_parker2 July 19, 2018

+1 I would also like to have this as I am often working in more than one repository on different virtual desktops.

James Galyen January 22, 2019

Me as well! I setup a different dev platform per desktop. Android, IOS, Desktop. "Windows 10 Virtual Desktop" is a great feature. No need to rely on nVidia or use Linux and remote into Windows.

1 vote
bels July 16, 2015

Agreed. A common use case of mine (with the TortoiseHg Workbench) is to have one instance per repository, and each instance has tabs for each branch. Having this in SourceTree would be really helpful (even if it's a command-line option that can be instrumented via a shortcut).

0 votes
Lazaro-onmobile June 22, 2021

+1

0 votes
Uday Sanghani August 5, 2020

+1

0 votes
Casper van Dijk July 22, 2020

+1

0 votes
Dima Korzhovnik April 6, 2020

+1