It is not clear what values I can use as security levels???

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring issue-level security

I want external users (partners) to have partial access issues in a project - basically so they can only see their own issues/bugs (we can limit this to bugs only) 

Its not clear what to configure in issues security levels as its all open text - so what security name is influencing visibility of issue?

I must be missing something basic here!

Please help with a way to implement the requirement!

2 answers

Hello Lior,

like you notice issue security can be set for :

• Individual users
  • Groups
  • Project roles
  • Issue roles such as 'Reporter', 'Project Lead', and 'Current Assignee'
  • 'Anyone' (eg. to allow anonymous access)
  • A (multi-)user or (multi-)group picker custom field.

You need to group your external user e.g. in group and create security level for it. This security level is created in security scheme and security scheme is associated with project e.g. like notification scheme.

If you will have any question please let me know.

You decide the names of the security level.  Then those level show in the "Security Level" field when users create a new issue.  So the security level names should be recognizable to your end-users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted 8 hours ago in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

26 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot