Issues connecting to Jira Server from Visual Studio 2010 Plugin

Patrick Dowd January 24, 2013

Our server administrator is able to connect using settings identical to ours. We are trying to connect remotely from outside the network, but he isn't. He indicates the SOAP API option is enabled. Any help solving this issue would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Set connections bypassing network firewalls could be a very tricky task.

Assuming that you may have a firewall with routing/NAT, maybe putting your server on DMZ or setting a full NAT route to your Atlassian app server using a free IP address can solve your issue. Check your firewall settings and make sure that you can make an API call from outside of your network.

Since I don't have the exact knowledge of your local infrastructure, I'm impossible to give you a precise answer, so these are my thoughts about this issue.

If this issue is impacting your business or blocking some project, please raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events