Issue with Zendesk application link

Stefan Johansson October 29, 2012

Hello,

I am trying to setup Zendesk integration according to the guide found here https://support.zendesk.com/entries/20560907-zendesk-for-jira-2-0-getting-started

However, I am stuck on point 2.6 select outgoing authentication.

When going into the configuration of the application link, I click on the outgoing authentication tab, but instead of getting what is shown in the screenshot in the guide I am just getting a message saying No authentication providers to configure.

Please advise.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Kindly access the Cloud Connections section to configure the integration between JIRA and Zendesk. This can be accessed via Administration > JIRA >Cloud Connections.

Justin Alex, Atlassian.

1 vote
Sven Delmas November 14, 2012

So to clarify this (because at first the answer above seemed invalid to me). You can not edit the connection settings going in throught the Plugins > Application Links route (using the Configure linknext to your Application link).

Instead you go to Adminsitration > JIRA > Cloud Connectors and click on the Application Link link in the list for the Zendesk connector. That will get you into the same dialog as discussed in the docs (and the one we all go to through the Plugins > Appliaction Links route), just that this time the data is correct in there, and you can configure stuff.

That feels like a bug to me. But I am good for now :-).

bjovas April 8, 2013

Thanks a lot! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events