Issue with Epics vs Activity

I am in the process of evaluating the USM plug-in but seem to have come up with a problem straight away due to the way we work. 

We have multiple teams working off a single backlog and Epics are used here to track elements of a project as opposed to simply being activities as shown in your demo film.  

This means that when I look at the story map, I get all the epics for my team (as we use 'component' to assign the Epic or Story to a team) which are all the projects that we are going to work on.  Under each Epic are all the associated User Stories, but like the backlog it's just vertical and linear. [Happy to share some screenshots with you directly but I'm not allowed to post them on a public platform]

Is there any way around this so that I could see all the stories for a particualr epic laid out horizontally?  (N.B. changing the way we work, I have been told, isn't an option as the Epics are set up this way for reporting in Portfolio).

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 vote
Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Aug 07, 2017

Hi @John Harrison

Can you reach out via support@easyagile.com please. I'm interested to learn more about the Portfolio setup as I've not used in anger for 18 months now.

Quick thought though: Represent Story Map Activities as JIRA Components may provide some guidance if you switch from 'activities' to 'teams' as you read the guide.

Thanks John, have a great day,
Nick Muldoon
Product Manager, Easy Agile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

46 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you