Issue type "bug" not displayed in dropdown

I am using the 30 day trial version of JIRA to see if it works for my organization. I went in to create an issue. And I wanted the type to be "bug". But the drop down only lists Tasks and New Feature. How do I get all the different issue types to be populated in the dropdown?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
David Chan Atlassian Team Sep 09, 2013

Option 1:

To modify the issue types associated with a project, see here:

Option 2:

As this is a new install, likely you created a project with the Simple Issue Tracking template. This does not have "Bugs" as an issue type by default. If you want "Bugs", you can create a new project and choose the Software Development project template instead.

Hi there,

One of the things that may be occuring is that you don't have the "bug" issues type associated with your project. You can see how to check this following these instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Issue+Types+with+Projects</a<>>

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Oh, too late... David already nailed it :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

15 views 0 1
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you