Issue overview takes a long time to load and is buggy

Diego Duclos November 16, 2012

When browsing issues in jira, it takes a long time (>10 seconds) to load and some css / javascript seems to be missing.

Additionally, the javascript console (in chrome) reports some warnings and errors.

The URL of my jira instance: http://jira.evefit.org/issues/?filter=-4

The css files that are unable to load according to chrome:

http://dev.internal.evefit.org:8080/s/eno9tzxm-418945332/812/2/5dc06a0eb7c43b0a7a66b6967dc32130/_/download/contextbatch/css/jira.navigator.simple,jira.navigator.advanced,jira.navigator.kickass,atl.general/batch.css

The javascript warnings:

Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.toggle-trigger'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:2686

Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.toggle-trigger'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:2686

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Resolution from the support ticket:

Hi Diego,

Looking at the following stack trace:

javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create output stream!

Caused by: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create cache file!
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Permission denied

Typically this means that the image file cant be written to the temp folder. Can I please ask you to check whether the JIRA user has permissions to write to the temp directory in {atlassian install}/temp. You can check the temp folder by going to Administrator > System Info and looking for -Djava.io.tmpdir = XXXX under the JVM arguments. You can change this folder if you like by altering this argument and setting the startup value.

Please do let us know how it goes for you.

Cheers,
Vicky.

0 votes
Levan Khunjgurua February 14, 2016

Did you fix it?

0 votes
Stefan Höhn April 25, 2013

If anyone else has this problem: when I had this JS-Issue, after quite some troubleshooting we found out (with Vicky) that reindexing solves the problem.

As a result it turns out that if the index is not being rebuilt after an upgrade, this can lead to the JS-Error (my guess is that data retrieved from the GUI does not correctly relate to data at the backend). I would therefore recommend that upgrading GH either automatically does reindexing or a WARNING should come up telling the user to do so.

Levan Khunjgurua February 14, 2016

Hi Stefan, so, you say re indexing solves the batch.js script file warnings and display problems?

0 votes
bmamlin December 10, 2012

Seeing the same issue. Slow dashboard loading and "Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.toggle-trigger'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored." in javascript console. Using JIRA (v5.2#812-sha1:c4fbab6).

Suggest an answer