Issue in timout session , need help!

Am D April 12, 2017

JIRA V7.0.1

My default time was 30 mins in web.xml in test instance and Production instance

Test Instance > logs out in 5 mins

Production Instance never logs out the session 

I changed the defaul to 15m in both the instances and it still didnt change anything in front end.

what can be wrong ?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2017

Hi Amit!

First, let's make sure your modifying the property in the right spot. JIRA stores its regular timeout value (what you get if you don't check the "Remember my login on this computer" box during login) at <install-path>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/web.xml in the session-timeout property. By default, this line reads:

<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>

and the value is measured in minutes.

If you make any changes to this value, you need to restart JIRA for the changes to take effect. When JIRA comes back up, remember that the value you've changed only takes effect when you do not check the "Remember my login on this computer" box. That checkbox doesn't use the timeout value in web.xml. Hope that helps!

Am D April 13, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for answering my question. However I restarted Jira after making timout change and also made sure "Remember me" checkbox was not checked while testing. I just forgot to mention that in my question details earlier.

Could you suggest me what else can be wrong?I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Amit

Suggest an answer