Issue has a particular status but the notification email says issue is closed

Rumceisz May 9, 2012

Hi All,

I have the following problem: an issue was transitioned to a status (it's a custom status called "Billing") and I immediately got a notification email from this. But in the email I read "The following issue has been closed."

Attached is the email.

Do you know what is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

At a guess I would say that that workflow event fires the Issue Closed event - check your workflow.

Otherwise I don't see how jira could convert an action name or a status to that text.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2012
If you don't connect the transition to a close status, the issue is not in a closed state
Rumceisz May 9, 2012

Hi Jamie,

you're right! Thanks! The issue closed event is among the post functions: "Fire a Issue Closed event that can be processed by the listeners."

But the issue didn't get to Closed status, why? This post function applies only to the notification emails?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Correct... you probably started with the default workflow, made changes, then forgot to update this. You should probably fire a "generic event". Anything can receive events, but the main purpose is the emails. Which event will decide which template to use, and in that template that text is defined.

Rumceisz May 9, 2012

So this generic event doesn't do anything with the status but doing anything with the email notification, etc?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2012

No event has any effect on status. As far as this is concerned, it just controls which email template is used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events