Issue disappear from Navigator

Rumceisz March 12, 2013

Dear All,

we met a weird problem: several issues disappeared from navigator when we search: when using the advanced search we didn't get result - like the issue were deleted.

But when we search in the Quick Search we get the issue.

We run reindex 2 days ago, and a full Integrity check 10 minutes ago: nothing happened.

Can you please advise?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2013

1. Shutdown *JIRA* instance
  2. Delete the contents of {{JIRA Installation Directory\work}} directory
  3. Delete contents of the {{JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\changes}} directory
  4. Delete contents of the {{JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments}} directory
  5. Delete contents of the {{JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities}} directory
  6. Delete contents of the {{JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues}} directory
  7. Restart *JIRA* instance.

Hope it helps :)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Usually when you move issues between projects they have a new issue key, but when you quick search writing the old issue keys it shows the same issue, even if the issue key changes.

Then when you do a reindex I think the old issue keys dissapear.

The thing is that writing the old issue key shows an issue, but if you do an advance search it doesn't show it because theorically it doesn't exist anymore, not with the old issue key.

Hope its clear.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

Compare the query generated by "quick search" and the one you ran in the advanced search.

Check your logs for errors, especially during indexing.

Rumceisz March 12, 2013

Hi Nic,

thanks!

Where can I compare the queries?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

When you type something into "quick search", you land on the issue navigator. Make sure it's in advanced mode and you'll see the JQL the quick-search generated.

Rumceisz March 12, 2013

I don1t see the JQL.

Where is it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2013

It's above the results in the search text box where you type advanced searches. (I am guessing you haven't clicked "switch to advanced")

Rumceisz March 12, 2013

Hi Nic,

I did the following: there is 1 issue which I can find via Quick Search but didn't find in the advanced search (issuekey=PROJCTID-xxx).

So I copied the summary of the issue and paste in the Quick Search. I was navigated in the Issue Navigator. I got a JQL in the advanced search box. But what could I do with that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2013

Compare the two JQL statements - you are looking for differences in them to explain why one works and the other does not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events